Kris (
thalassas) wrote in
snowtpnetwork2015-08-26 03:49 pm
Entry tags:
kicks down the door
name: Kris 2.0 (or just Xris to avoid confusion ANY IS FINE)
age: 25 sob
favorite aspect of jelsa:
OH MAN. OH MAN HERE WE GO.
So once upon a time when ROTG first came out, I was one of those who watched it for tumblr's Jack Frost hype (even if there was zero marketing) and came out of the theaters loving it, flaws and all. I am a shipper though and I like seeing my favorite characters in fictional, awkward and cute romantic relationships because who doesn't? but Rainbow Snowcone, as... cute as it was, did not not resonate with me due to it's one-sided, awkward and forced execution. I liked Jack as a character but did not ship him with anyone.
Fast forward a year, the ROTBTD (HOOBOY) fandom was in full swing. Despite its booming rise as a crossover fandom, I did not get into it due to the fact that its "main" ships seem to clash with what I shipped (I'm a Eugenzel/Hiccstrid shipper) and I almost got into Jarida-- ALMOST but then--
-- 2013 came and Frozen came in, guns blazing. I saw it, I came out loving it, but like others, after the inevitable theater-screaming inducing spoiler, it sank my ship for Elsa. (Guess with who.) And I found myself looking for other options to have this Queen a potentially healthy, sweet and mutually beneficial relationship with someone.
And then one day, while browsing my tumblr dash, the legendary piece of fanart from watermelonwings graced my dash and then it clicked.
The rest was history.
I'm only rehashing what others have already said, but I love every aspect of this ship.
- I love that they have similar (similar being the keyterm, I will start a discussion on powers this weekend SO LOOK OUT FOR THAT) powers and they might potentially find a connection through that
- I love that although they both experienced isolation, both of them have adapted to it differently and shaped who they are
- and yet so similar in regards to the love they have for the people around them (their sisters) and the lengths they would go to keep people safe-- may it be from other people or themselves
- I love that their personalities clash I am all for this in ships. I love relationships where there's a little bit of chaos where each one can learn from the other, and to generalize it for the sake of space, basically Jack can teach Elsa to come out of her shell, and Elsa can teach Jack about responsibility
- I also love the inherent tragedy that one of them could potentially die in each incarnation, may it be human!elsa aging or for human!jack dying via drowning (i'm awful, i know) but that's just me :)
- I LOVE THE FANDOM. LIKE. Way back in 2013 during Frozember craze our tumblr tag was BLOWING UP with new fanart every day, and even up to now, I keep seeing new edits/fanart/fics around it just never stops. LIKE COME ON FROZEN CAME OUT TWO YEARS AGO BUT A FAMOUS YOUTUBER JUST MADE A JELSA COSPLAY ORIGINAL SONG MUSIC VIDEO???? Non-english speaking fandom is still at it too (I just got my Jelsa anthology fanbook I AM HYPED TO OPEN IT SO I AM RUSHING IN TYPING THIS) and WE ARE BUILDING A DW JELSA COMMUNITY. ALL OF THIS. 2 - 3 YEARS AFTER THE SAIL SHIPPED. Not being smug or anything but I'm pretty sure even the other crossover ships aren't this resilient :)
what i'm hoping to find from this community:
You can never have too many Jelsa fans congregating :) tumblr is nice but it can get a little toxic at times looking for things for this ship (never go on the tag in the app, it'll make your head ache) so I'm just looking to surround myself with positive Jelsa/animation fans
what i'm hoping to contribute to this community:
all I'm good for is edits BUT I really REALLY dig pitching AU's and starting discussions and getting into the meta nitpicky of things. as I mentioned I'm starting a discussion on Jelsa and their powers this weekend (IT'S A PRETTY LONG POST BRACE YOURSELVES) but I might start other discussions/meta in regards to jelsa, rotbtd, shipping, stuff like that.
any recommendations for any of the following:
since I'm from Asia, I tend to linger on the non english speaking side of Jelsa. I have a few Jelsa fanbooks so if you have the money to shell out for shipping, I recommend the following:
ICE DANCE a Jelsa Anthology; No English translation but this thing is thick and full of otp and so many wonderful artists contributed to it!
Let It Snow by mindcreator; this one comes in English, and is a cute story of Jack trying hard to make friends with Elsa.
_shushushun's Jelsa fanbooks; you might know her on tumblr as
snow-and-frost but you can also find her on twitter at
_shushushun. She just got done with a batch of orders but you can wait around to see if she'll open sales again. Apart from that, you can just creep around her media posts and see all her Jelsa fanart, since she doesn't post all of it on tumblr :)
other things you'd like for people to know!:
I JUST REALLY LOVE THIS SHIP I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT ;A;
age: 25 sob
favorite aspect of jelsa:
OH MAN. OH MAN HERE WE GO.
So once upon a time when ROTG first came out, I was one of those who watched it for tumblr's Jack Frost hype (even if there was zero marketing) and came out of the theaters loving it, flaws and all. I am a shipper though and I like seeing my favorite characters in fictional, awkward and cute romantic relationships because who doesn't? but Rainbow Snowcone, as... cute as it was, did not not resonate with me due to it's one-sided, awkward and forced execution. I liked Jack as a character but did not ship him with anyone.
Fast forward a year, the ROTBTD (HOOBOY) fandom was in full swing. Despite its booming rise as a crossover fandom, I did not get into it due to the fact that its "main" ships seem to clash with what I shipped (I'm a Eugenzel/Hiccstrid shipper) and I almost got into Jarida-- ALMOST but then--
-- 2013 came and Frozen came in, guns blazing. I saw it, I came out loving it, but like others, after the inevitable theater-screaming inducing spoiler, it sank my ship for Elsa. (Guess with who.) And I found myself looking for other options to have this Queen a potentially healthy, sweet and mutually beneficial relationship with someone.
And then one day, while browsing my tumblr dash, the legendary piece of fanart from watermelonwings graced my dash and then it clicked.
The rest was history.
I'm only rehashing what others have already said, but I love every aspect of this ship.
- I love that they have similar (similar being the keyterm, I will start a discussion on powers this weekend SO LOOK OUT FOR THAT) powers and they might potentially find a connection through that
- I love that although they both experienced isolation, both of them have adapted to it differently and shaped who they are
- and yet so similar in regards to the love they have for the people around them (their sisters) and the lengths they would go to keep people safe-- may it be from other people or themselves
- I love that their personalities clash I am all for this in ships. I love relationships where there's a little bit of chaos where each one can learn from the other, and to generalize it for the sake of space, basically Jack can teach Elsa to come out of her shell, and Elsa can teach Jack about responsibility
- I also love the inherent tragedy that one of them could potentially die in each incarnation, may it be human!elsa aging or for human!jack dying via drowning (i'm awful, i know) but that's just me :)
- I LOVE THE FANDOM. LIKE. Way back in 2013 during Frozember craze our tumblr tag was BLOWING UP with new fanart every day, and even up to now, I keep seeing new edits/fanart/fics around it just never stops. LIKE COME ON FROZEN CAME OUT TWO YEARS AGO BUT A FAMOUS YOUTUBER JUST MADE A JELSA COSPLAY ORIGINAL SONG MUSIC VIDEO???? Non-english speaking fandom is still at it too (I just got my Jelsa anthology fanbook I AM HYPED TO OPEN IT SO I AM RUSHING IN TYPING THIS) and WE ARE BUILDING A DW JELSA COMMUNITY. ALL OF THIS. 2 - 3 YEARS AFTER THE SAIL SHIPPED. Not being smug or anything but I'm pretty sure even the other crossover ships aren't this resilient :)
what i'm hoping to find from this community:
You can never have too many Jelsa fans congregating :) tumblr is nice but it can get a little toxic at times looking for things for this ship (never go on the tag in the app, it'll make your head ache) so I'm just looking to surround myself with positive Jelsa/animation fans
what i'm hoping to contribute to this community:
all I'm good for is edits BUT I really REALLY dig pitching AU's and starting discussions and getting into the meta nitpicky of things. as I mentioned I'm starting a discussion on Jelsa and their powers this weekend (IT'S A PRETTY LONG POST BRACE YOURSELVES) but I might start other discussions/meta in regards to jelsa, rotbtd, shipping, stuff like that.
any recommendations for any of the following:
since I'm from Asia, I tend to linger on the non english speaking side of Jelsa. I have a few Jelsa fanbooks so if you have the money to shell out for shipping, I recommend the following:
ICE DANCE a Jelsa Anthology; No English translation but this thing is thick and full of otp and so many wonderful artists contributed to it!
Let It Snow by mindcreator; this one comes in English, and is a cute story of Jack trying hard to make friends with Elsa.
_shushushun's Jelsa fanbooks; you might know her on tumblr as
other things you'd like for people to know!:
I JUST REALLY LOVE THIS SHIP I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT ;A;

no subject
And whats this i hear about aus??? U R SPEAKING MY LANGUAGE XRIS
i may not be as into writing fanfic as i used to be, but fanart ideas are alwayssssss welcome
HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT,I AM PROLLY NOT READY (artisircally or emotionally) BUT GIVE EM TO ME ANYWAY
no subject
no subject
i've been meaning to shoot you an ask for a few days now, but can i just tell you that it's been a dream of mine for at least four months that we collaborate on some sort of jelsa project together, mainly so we can credit ourselves as "kris & kris" or "kris squared" or "DOUBLE KRIS TEAM GO" or something.
WHAT CAN/SHOULD WE DO??
i also feel like i have a special luxury in calling you kris (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
i really like the nickname of "xris" for for everything else though, especially when referring to you with other jelsa shippers (fun fact: I, TOO, HAD A SIMILAR NICKNAME WITH THE USAGE OF 'X')
I AM JUST REALLY REALLY GLAD THAT YOU ARE HERE ♥
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
how about we play a game?? i write a 100 word drabble, and you have to try to make an edit to match.
then you make me an edit, and i have to write a 100 word drabble to accompany it.
yay???? :)
(it's like, really cracking me up to look at your current icon and my current icon and to imagine that this is a real, actual conversation of facial expressions going on between them, omg)
no subject
(drunk on cold medicine!elsa is my aesthetic because this is literally me after i get home from work and i lack sleep.
drunk!elsa/fussy!jack is still something i desperately want to see happen)
no subject
no subject
if it has jelsa in it, yes, it has a bigger possibility of getting a thumbs up from me
no subject
no subject
no subject
Rise of the Big Hsro Brave Tangled Frozen Dragons Into Darkness of Shrek 4idk maaaaan
Outside of the fact that, yesssss, I cant stand Jackunzel bc omg it pretty much invalidates the entirety og Tangled as a movie bruhh
And also bc I'm so goshdarn afraid of what tag the fanart THERES JUST SO MANY VARIANT NAMDS LIKE
THAT and I've only ever come across hogwarts au, rarely anything outside of that, which is logically weird but also rly rly boring after a whils bc no one agrees on any definitive Hogwarts stuff and just...bleh
no subject
i always wonder who in fandom started "hey who should take this four mega movies and steal the name of the guardians and make them the new big four"
like. the friendship i can get behind with, heck, i want fic of these nerds just playing wingmen/wingwomen for each other hilariously
no subject
i totally had the same shipping reaction to ROTG. i fell in love, love, love with jack frost's character (especially for most of the centuries that we didn't get a chance to see in the movie) but i wasn't sold on rainbow snowcone. i can definitely appreciate it in certain aspects (i.e. unreciprocated love/angst, human/modern au, companionship, or even romantically if it's done by a good author), but it wasn't a major card for me.
(i then had the MAJORLY DISTRACTING ship that was pointed out to me by
how the fuck did i not pick up on that myselfi was lost, so terribly, terribly lost.)i'm so glad you mentioned the piece of fan art that STARTED IT ALL, because i had a very similar situation. i was actually just asked about this on tumblr the other day and i haven't responded yet… i think i'll make a post in the comm later asking how people "started" shipping or what made it "click" for them, and then i'll just x-post my answer to both the tumblr ask and also to the post. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
other notes:
+ i feel like we should be taking the answers in these intro posts and consolidating them into a list of collective reasons why we love jelsa, hopefully as the start of an extensive jelsa shipping manifesto
+ i'm also thinking about what we can do to start sprucing up the layout a bit, maybe with some graphics or banners or official icons (both for site decorations and user promos?) and i can't HELP but remember/notice that you make lovely, lovely graphics/edits/piece s of art ;) ;) ;) ;) is there anything you would be interested in making/anything you have already made that you feel like you could alter easily/quickly add some fonts to/finagle into serving the community page for these purposes if you have any free time?? :) :) lol, can i ask you this
no subject
;A;
no subject
that fanart started it for a lot of people, I think. I remember just seeing it and going "HECK YEAH I CAN GET INTO THIS" and before I knew it I was in shipping hell ;;
+ I am down for this. God forbid I keep seeing people going "YOU ONLY SHIP THEM FOR POWERS/LOOKS" and I just want one giant answer in one easy convenient link to slap in their face
+ can you give me dimensions + where would you put them? :o I'll see what I can cook up in my free time
no subject
+ yes, exactly. and the beautiful thing about all these intro posts is the recurring realization that all of our answers are so varied, honestly, because even though there's a lot of overlap/patterns, we all have these little details/nuances that we've included that makes for like, 983405983409 more layers of interpretation, and it's great, and i want to CATALOGUE IT.
+ lol, literally any. you see that hodge-podge banner that i transmogrified at the top of the community journal currently? just a quick-fix of a bandaid, my friend. maybe something that width/height (1000px by 200-300px) for a banner?? and maybe a smaller matching banner for people to use for promotions and stuff? lol, I AM GREEDY, I'M SORRRRYY
no subject
+ jfc this is going to be so big I AM READY FOR THIS
+ that's actually cute :o i kinda want to keep the snowflakes fsfjdsdfs for promos something like you'd put in tumblr promos? about 500px?
no subject
All those jelsa art recs - they are SOOOO beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing them!!!
And I had a very similar experience after watching RotG (I love Tooth, but no. Just no.) and for a brief second after watching Frozen (I knew that it was all about sisterly love and a love interest for Elsa would take away from that, but, dangit, I'm a romantic at heart and I just wanted someone for her). But then, even before I reached the parking lot, the idea of jelsa hit me, and it was beautiful.